About the S/BCF
• Increase the overall level of philanthropy in Stinson Beach and Bolinas. Our Values
• Support projects benefiting the Bolinas and Stinson Beach communities.
• Fund local projects and people who may not have access to other funding sources.
• Provide local seed money to help projects leverage additional funding.
• Offer a grant application process that is easy, quick, and accessible.
• Help local donors make their charitable contributions more targeted, trackable, and effective.
• Belief in local giving for local needs: "Local
Grants for Locals".
• Support for creativity and diversity in our communities.
• Respect for the input of all Fund members.
• Philanthropy that springs from a spirit of generosity and is both rewarding and fun.
• Any project that benefits Bolinas or Stinson Beach is eligible for a
grant of up to $3,000, or an
Arts Grant of up to $1000.
• Fund Contributors of $1,500 are invited to become grant selection committee members and may participate in the grant selection process. The S/BCF also welcomes smaller donations.
• Grants are given out twice per year. Grant submission deadlines are April 30th and October 31st. Grant selection committee members meet to select grant recipients six weeks later.
• The Marin Community Foundation administers the S/BCF and the S/BCF Grants Consultant manages the competitive grantmaking program.
• Inquiries about the S/BCF grants program can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The S/BCF currently has more than 25 members contributing $1,500 or more per year as well as over 50 community supporters contributing smaller amounts.